Thursday 14 April 2011

A couple, the sunset and the tide gauge


A story behind: That was a pleasant Tuesday. In the evening I had a nice walk along the Douro river until finally arrive at this small pier with the old tide gauge. There is no better place in Porto that unites wide open vistas, vast expanses, the river and the sea with a lot of light. The tide gauge is a scientific instrument used for registering the tide variation per time. The device measures the amplitude of sea level. I stopped there, had talk a little with fisherman and made some shots of the sunset. The sky was not sensational but it was a warm and pleasant spring evening. The light was a bit too hard so it required some thought to properly expose and use my filters, but when I get it right, the world out there 'explodes.' I used a 2-stop soft-step ND Grad along with a 4-stop soft-step ND Grad.

Location: Porto, Foz, Portugal.

Gear: Nikon D80, Sigma 10-20 mm.

Aperture: f/22

Exposure bias: -0.3 EV


Focal Length: 22 mm


ISO:
100


Date Taken: Tuesday, April 12st, 2011, 20:04


Maciek.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate very much the fact you stopped on our blog because that led me to your excellent website.

    You are an incredible photographer! This shot is perfection and I've been scrolling down through your other posts and am very impressed!

    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete