Monday 25 January 2010

It seems we are in for a nice spring

A strange path through the muddy banks of the river.

A story behind: Sunday morning started with bright sun and nice mid-teens temperatures. "If the weather continues this way we are in for a nice spring !" I thought. In the afternoon I grabbed my gear and headed to the delta of Vouga river.
Near Murtosa village I parked the car and put on my rubber boots. I followed a strange path through the muddy banks of the river. The sunset and clear sky created a point-source hard light. It
didn´t "wrap" around objects but instead sourced unpleasant crisp shadows and accentuated textures and details in the water. I shot a photo but I didn´t like it.

Location: Delta of the Vouga river, Portugal ( google map )

Gear: Nikon D80, Tamron 2.8 28-75 mm, tripod, remote control, NDG 0.8
Post-processing: RAW to Tiff, white balance, sharp.
Shutter Speed: 1/3 sec
Aperture: f/22
Focal Length: 28 mm
ISO: 150

Date Taken: Jan 24, 2010, 17:10


Maciek.

6 comments:

  1. zazdroszczę Ci tych wypadów z aparatem. dla mnie to zdjęcie jest bardzo udane, a zwłaszcza tajemnicze ślady w stronę horyzontu nadają mu magii...
    :)
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Podoba mi się. Zwłaszcza te ślady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tragarz słońca w kaloszach ginie kolejny raz za horyzontem z palącą mu plecy kulą...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fajne!
    Te ślady kojarzą mi się z jakimś bagiennym potworem [bez urazy ;)], który o świcie przemknął w sobie znanym tylko kierunku, przez nikogo niewidziany. I zostawił po sobie znak. :)
    Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piękne kolory. I ciekawa perspektywa - można sobie opowiedzieć historię, kto i dokąd poszedł :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @all: serdecznie dziękuję wszystkim za miłe słowa i odwiedziny. Twarde światło to nie jest to co lubię najbardziej. Pozdrawiam ze środka Atlantyku.

    ReplyDelete