Wednesday 9 March 2011

Three ships on the roadstead




Three ships seen on the horizon waiting on the roadstead before they enter the port of Leça de Palmeira.



A story behind: In the beginning of spring this site is frequently shrouded in a dense and lasting marine fog. I was more than pleased to learn the air was crystal clear this evening. I wasted no time getting down to the beach, found my point of view over the small stone, and pulled out the 4-stop ND Grad from my bag. Positioning the filter at 0º angle over the sky, I managed a few long exposures while continually refining the filter’s influence over the scene.

Photo awarded a front page of www.plfoto.com

Location: Vila Nova Gaia, Portugal.

Gear: Nikon D80, Sigma 10-20 mm

Aperture: f/22

Exposure bias: -0.3 EV


Focal Length: 10 mm


ISO:
100


Date Taken: Monday, March 7th, 2011, 19:13


Maciek.


3 comments:

  1. Está magnifica, adoro o efeito que a água faz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such photos like this one make me wanna go by the sea. Amazing shot. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ufff... kolory kolory zmieniajcie się :) piekne jest

    ReplyDelete