Thursday 5 August 2010

Jesus, Maria and Jose feast


The Varzea village church facade decorated with lamps on the occasion of titular feast and the mirror image reflection in the roof of the nearby car.


A story behind: I was completely taken by surprise. I spotted this beautifully decorated church when I was going back from my sunset-photo session. I stopped the car and went straight to the small shop on the corner of the main street to ask questions. I bought a bottle of water and asked the lady at the counter what was going on. As I was her only customer, she started to talk. This was the beginning of the one-week long Jesus, Maria and Jose ( the holy family ) ones per year village celebration feast. I stayed there a while talking to some people on the street and heaving a good time.
I don´t know if I had mentioned it before but you can not have a bad time among Portuguese people.

Location: Varzea village, São Miguel island, Azores, Portugal.

Gear: Nikon D80, Tamron 28-75 mm


Aperture: f/5.6


Shutter speed: 1 sec


Focal Length: 30 mm


ISO: 700


Date Taken: July 21th, 2010, 22:07


Maciek.

5 comments:

  1. The photo is so vibrant and festive. Great catch of the reflection in the water. Loved the story behind the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Czy to aby na pewno jest kościół co to chodzą tam ludzie klękać i szeptać jakieś "mantry"? Bo ja widziałem w Londynie (i byłem w nim) kościół, w którym był regularny PUB. Zamiast hostii był guiness. pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chary: Thanks for visiting !
    .
    @Bareya: Cieszę się, że Cię mogłem zaskoczyć. Jak widzisz na zdjęciu są jeszcze normalne miejsca na ziemi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lubię odbicia, a to nocne szczególnie mi się podoba ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice photo;and nice blog bravo

    ReplyDelete